Thursday 7 July 2011

Little Crochet Delights

I taught myself how to crochet using Youtube videos about a year ago and I have found that I am happiest crocheting amigurumi (little animals). The word is Japanese and means small creature or anthropomorphic object.
The first is this robot that I made for my cousins son (his name is Tim). I got to try crochet spirals! I love em!
The next is a little bunny pattern I found online
These are my favourite! For some reason I always have white wool. But its also the nasty acrylic stuff. To make this fluffy look I took a stiff hairbrush that had lost the ends of its bristles and attacked the monkey. I think it is much better this way!

Their faces are felt and they are super soft!

I sent them as a set to my parents in law. I think they should always stay together, they'd be sad apart!
Hope these are a source of inspiration for your projects :)

5 comments:

  1. Oh how adorable! My favourite is the bunny as I just love rabbits. Do you have a link to the pattern?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! the pattern for the bunny is at http://blog.craftzine.com/archive/2011/04/craft_pattern_spring_bunny.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your monkeys and would love to make some myself, please share the pattern/directions?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) I'll work on one- thanks for the encouragement!

      Delete

Make me famous!